Choose your package.
- The installation and activation fees are prescribed by the last-mile provider, not bitCONNECT
- All packages are for residential signups only. Businesses, unfortunately, cannot sign up for these packages.
- Although we endeavour to keep our coverage data as accurate as possible, we are reliant on the maps provided to us by our last-mile partners, which may sometimes have slight inaccuracies.
- Activation fees are also applicable on line migrations (when you move from one ISP to another).
- Should you cancel your Fibre less than 6 months from installation, or your account falls into arrears, you will be charged a cancellation fee of R999.
Shaping and prioritisation
- Fibre packages are uncapped, unshaped and unthrottled – There are no usage thresholds so you can use as much data as you like, whenever you like. No throttling or shaping will be applied.
Installation, cabling and lead times
- The installation fee includes cabling up to 30 metres. If your installation requires additional cabling, a site survey will be done, after which you will receive a quote from the applicable last-mile provider. Should you choose to proceed, you will be liable for any additional costs incurred. The additional cabling is directly payable to the applicable last-mile provider.
- Installation lead times are a guide based on averages and will vary. Line activation and connection times need to be added for full turnaround estimation.
DO I HAVE NETWORK COVERAGE?
Please complete the form as fully as possible.
We cannot answer queries that shorten names and addresses. GPS coordinates are compulsory if you live on a smallholding.
Thanks, we will contact you soon!
Fibre can be used by anyone but it is best suited to users with high data demands (gamers and streamers) and who seek the ultimate reliability in consumer internet connectivity. If you are looking to use many gigabytes, download at blazing fast speeds, game with the lowest possible latency and have as few as possible interruptions then this is for you.
Fibre installations can happen as quick as a couple of days from the application date but there are many factors that can affect this. Weather, workload, problems with infrastructure and more. The average installation time is usually around two weeks.
Any consumer or home internet is always the best attempt. This applies even to Optical Fiber, Wireless & LTE-A. Best effort means that the service provider always does their best to make available as much bandwidth as possible, but can not guarantee the full speed of the consumer during peak hours. This way of doing helps the service provider to offer their services cheaper to consumers.
We are all familiar with the workings of ADSL and the telephone lines used to deliver yesteryear’s internet to your home. Well, a fibre installation looks a lot like and ADSL installation. The main differences are that fibre is not copper and requires more specialised equipment (called an ONT) to connect to the fibre infrastructure.
A technician from the relevant network operator will visit you to perform installation of the drop cable (the cable that comes from the nearest pole or manhole into your home) and the ONT. Once this installation is complete, one of our technicians will visit you to install your fibre router. That’s all there is to it.
All internet services are billed in advance and in prorata. This means you pay at the beginning of the month for the following month’s internet service.
You will receive your first invoice from bitCONNECT a couple of days after your fibre service was made live. This invoice will include the cost of the installation and a prorata from the day of installation until the end of the month.
Your next invoice will be at the end of the month for the following month’s internet.
All invoices are immediately payable and must be paid no later than the last day of the invoice month. Payments should be made by EFT and proof of payment may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use your email address as reference.
Account not paid in time will be suspended.